Finisher Calf Milk Replacer
A low cost non curding CMR designed to be used after 3 – 4 weeks of age and following the use of standard CMR.
It may also be used as a 50:50 combination with liquid whole milks at 4 days of age following colostrum to assist in reducing rearing costs.
It may also be mixed in to boost liquid whole milk. i.e 125g mixed into 1 litre of whole milk results in the equivalent of 2 litres of whole milk.
- Typically fed in the morning and evening with an 8 hour elapse between feeds
- Mix 125g of CMR per litre of warm water (37°C)
- One 20kg bag of CMR makes 180 litres of milk
|Age||Volume (125g CMR/litre water)|
|22 days +||3.0 litres twice a day|
- Store powder airtight in a cool dry place away from light
- Cleanliness and hygiene of mixing and feeding equipment is vital to good calf health
- Mix powder prior to feeding, not the night before as settling may occur
- Eliminate stress by providing adequate shelter and a fresh clean water supply
- Provide good quality hay and meal from 10 days of age to encourage rumen development